Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Quick Reflection

I wanted to do a post about my thoughts on the Summer season's anime I picked up now that they've ended, but I couldn't really find enough to say about them to do a full detailed post, so here's a little one explaining my thoughts on each one I watched.  (it's in alphabetical order)  Numerical ratings are based on enjoyment.

Aho Girl - 8/10 - Aho Girl was hilarious, and not an episode passed where I didn't laugh.  There's not much else to say about it, though.

Centaur no Nayami - 7/10 - I really liked this, but the political stuff wasn't expected, so it kind of surprised me.  It was honestly really weird, and it inspired me to create the "Passive Absurdity" classification.

Fate/Apocrypha - -/10 - Not finished as of writing, but I can talk about it.  As a Fate adaptation it's absolute trash.  It makes zero sense and has absurd twists.  What's with series with constructed rules breaking them?

Gamers - 3/10 - This series wasn't about gaming.  It was about... romance and retarded misunderstandings or some shit.  Annoying as all hell, and it can't even stick to its themes.

Isekai Shokudou - 5/10 - I dropped this one because it got boring.  Art was beautiful though, and it was an interesting idea.  It was just hard to watch every week.

Koi to Uso - 1/10 - Worst of the season.  I only finished watching it because it got to be entertaining to pick out all the mistakes.  There's really NOTHING good about this show at all.  Might talk more about how much of a failure it is later.

Made in Abyss - 9/10 - Best non-sequel of the season.  Possibly AOTY.  Absolutely amazing, really.  The manga's just as good - the anime is a great adaptation.  Everyone should watch this one.  Don't expect it to be fluffy and cute though, you'd be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Netsuzou TRap - 2/10 - Dropped.  Failure of a show, for obvious reasons.

Neko to Oujo to Noraneko Heart - 2/10 - Low budget shitshow.  I don't think the creators even tried.  I guess it made me laugh once or twice though.

Owarimonogatari Second Season - 10/10 - Amazing.  Show of the season.  I can't talk more about it without going in depth about the rest of the series.

Princess Principal - 7/10 - Very interesting, but executed kind of confusingly.  Doesn't approach Flip Flappers, but  I've definitely got my eye on the studio now.

Sakurada Reset - 9/10 - Quite the underrated show.  Loved it from beginning to end.  An excellent CasPsych anime.

Tenshi no 3P - 6/10 - Just some dumb shit.  One of those shows I can enjoy if I don't think about it.  Honestly it was a crappy show, though.

Tsurezure Children - 7/10 - Surprisingly good.  The art was shit, but it was a weirdly enjoyable show.  Still trashy, but surprisingly enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment